Trip to Seattle

If we don’t end up w/ a theme, PM me your N Rhone and i’ll pull something interesting to compare.

Looking forward to this, thanks for arranging. Let me know if you want to go with a theme or just bring something fun. Either way works for me.

Sounds like Rhone is the emerging theme. Good prep for Hospice du Rhone at the end of the month. We can loosely aim for rhone varietals around the world, but don’t feel constrained if you want to bring something different. Someone had a plus one as well and we have space, but I don’t see it in the thread now. If you want to coordinate wines, you can respond and I’ll update this thread. We should also agree in advance to purchase 1 wine (so people are not surprised -I’ve been burned in the past by an overzealous buddy). I would vote for the following (but don’t really care much if someone has a strong preference):
http://www.wildginger.net/our-wine/Wine-Lists.aspx
MÜLLER-CATOIR Gimmeldinger Mandelgarten Spätlese · 2010 $67
ALZINGER Dürnsteiner Höhereck Smaragd · 2011 $105
THE SADIE FAMILY Skurfburg Chenin · 2015 $84
THE SADIE FAMILY Palladius · 2012 Chenin Blanc/Grenache Blanc/Clairette Blanc $163

I’ve been doing the whole30, so not drinking much for the past month and really itching to drink some good stuff! I’ll bring a white and red. Maybe condrieu or sqn for the white, have many global choices for rhone varietal reds. Italy, France, Spain, Aussie, South Africa, usa.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Tom Altemeyer
Travis Allen
Dave Paly
Terrance Creighton
Hal Blumberg
Peter Hickner
Jim Diven
Carter Y (possible)
James Lee

If there is a spot available I would like to attend. I don’t have much Rhone at home but I can bring a white burgundy, champagne, or a non-Rhone red.

Thanks!

Added!

Mine will likely be an SQN red given the theme. Should be a great time. I’m fine with any of the wines for purchase.

Hi Travis,

Just wondering if we need to bring stemware?

Thanks a lot for organizing!

Cheers,

Hal

If you want zalto or more than 2 stems, you can bring. Otherwise theirs are fine.

Just to confirm, this is the Third and Union location? Thanks!

Correct. See everyone tomorrow!

Peter confirmed he has a +1.

Carter, is tomorrow going to work for you? If not I’ll try to round up another person.

Given the menu, I’ll bring an SQN white, The Moment. Think it will go better with the food.

I’m in, and will bring a red and a white!

Great! we are full at 10, and confirmed for 6pm. Paly is bringing a '98 rostaing Cote Rotie and '98 Kay Brothers Block 6. I’ll bring a '15 Guigal la Doriane Condrieu and something red (maybe CDP?). I think we’ll have an overabundance of vino, hopefully some people can contain themselves to bringing one bottle! I lack such restraint.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

I’ve always wanted to pair a Jura with Asian food, so I’ll be bringing a Michel Gahier Chardonnay.
For red, I’m currently lacking in the N. Rhone department, so I’ll bring a Thierry Germain Saumur Champigny, just in case. We open it, we don’t… whatever. :slight_smile:

I’m a bit up in the air on what to bring.
I’ve got some Gruners, such as Pichler, but Wild Ginger has an extensive selection, and I don’t want to bring anything that is available in house. I really don’t have any interesting Northern Rhones.
2001 Huet Clos du Bourg demi-sec is a possibility.
A have a few older California Syrahs, i.e. 2005 Copain or Arcadian
More recent, and obviously more modern WA Syrahs, perhaps a Rasa QED or Principia.

Rieslings, but there again, Wild Ginger is well stocked.

That all sounds good. See you soon!

Oh dang, I haven’t been online much lately so I just saw this. Would it be possible for Lauren and I to jump on? We definitely have some Rhône stuff.

Just talked to WG, they said it is no problemo. See you soon!

A good time was had by all.

That was a blast! It was great to meet a bunch of new people. Tom, thank you for instigating this tasting!
The wine service was top notch as always. We all agreed that the '08 Vilmart was the best champ, but It was good to hear that there was so much diversity in people’s favorite whites and reds for the evening. Hope to see you all soon!