Training Wheel Wines

well, unless its Michigan.

I’ve just received my first SommSelect “Blind Six” shipment to see how well it will play out as a teaching and guidance tool.

Please let me know how it goes. I’ve ordered a few wines from them, and have been eyes the blind 6. Seems like it could be fun.

Any updates on the Blind 6 or your experience with Wine Library? I feel like with wine regions I have sampled widely and understand I have a pretty decent handle on what typicity means but in expanding my horizons into new regions it always takes some calibration and every time I have a wine from a new region or grape I am left with the question as to whether I have tasted something which displays typicity or something that is off in its own world. Not super helpful.

The Blind 6 are sitting in my cellar. Work has been all-consuming lately. I did try to work with Wine Library, but that ended poorly; they threw a list of a few wines that were on their list with high scores or “good deals” and I countered with what I was looking for more specifically what I was not looking for and they literally never replied.

That’s really disappointing. It does seem like Wine library has been losing their edge and turning more and more mainstream.

I still look forward to hearing how your blind 6 goes after work calm down a bit.

Hi Mike! Great thread. How has it gone with the blind 6?