Trader Joe's Wine closes it's only NYS location

I’ve only tried a few of Trader Joe’s wines and most were one-offs. TomHill finds some good ones now and then and sometimes even tracks down their provenance (don’t recall him mentioning Bronco for any of the TJ’s branded stuff he liked). A few years ago they had a decent TJ’s rose bubbly for all of $10; that was made by Rack and Riddle (not Bronco). Bronco does make Charles Shaw for TJ’s (never tried it), but what else?

Never try Charles Shaw. Your welcome.

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal a few years ago that detailed how up to 80% of TJ’s wines came from Bronco under dozens of different names.

I believe it. Can’t make wines under $10 without muscle like that.

It’s so traumatic I have to send my spouse to forage there. I just brave the Costco hordes, where co-workers of more than a decade pretend they don’t know me, as they pretend stare intently into their non receptive iPhones.

Reminds me of the time I blurted out to a partner in my law firm, “Gee, I never see anyone I know here in Sears.”

He was not amused.

Have you seen the TJ selection? It’s plenty of stuff that isn’t Bronco.

Why the holier-than-thou attitude towards the average wine drinker? Be kind,

1 Like

Does Bronco own all the brands they list in their site or are they just an importer for some?

Also, this sounds disgusting Bronco Wine Company - Blanc de Bleu

Trader Joe’s is my only reliable source of ready made Pizza Dough, so I end up there more often than I want to. I always swing by the wine section and it is often a miss. But when they do have good deals, they are good. When Nicolas Feuillatte Brut is in stock - it is often the best price within walking distance and makes a nice break from having Roederer Estate as the house bubbly.

Their “Grand Reserve” wines are often not that bad - but can very widely in quality and QPR.

Recently, I did have a $2.99 Giardino Pinot Grigio from Italy was better than I was expecting. I am still trying to figure out how anyone makes profit selling imported wine for that cheap.

HuffPost says the closure was a response to a unionization effort:

1 Like

And here….

OMG - Where am I going to get my TBC, which was Three Buch Chuck the last, and only, time I bought it to prove that it could be picked out blind against a random $10 Cali Cab blind. I didn’t even have to taste it. The smell was so vile. Good riddence.

Multiple people lost their jobs because they had the guts to unionize and this is your response? Politely, get f’ed.