Top three white Burgundy producers in your cellar

1. Jacques Carillon
  2. Rollin

Pretty big fall off after those two in numbers, likely one of Montille, Drouhin, Pillot or Ramonet is third.

Chartron
Bachelet-Monnot

By a country mile and then, probably, Billaud Simon.

Jean-Michel Chartron is a mate. As it happens he also makes pretty smart wine, Iā€™ve been happy to buy lots. Bachelet-Monnot Bourg Blanc 2014 was our wedding white and has become our house white Burg.

Dauvissat
Fevre
Tie between H Boillot and Raveneau

PYCM
Piuze
Christian Moreau

Mugneret gibourg makes whites?

My % of W burg is declining due to prices, premox and a change in preference for dry riesling.

1. Ramonet
  2. Rene & Vincent Dauvissat

And then daylight, thereā€™s some Sauzet or Jobard.

well, if I may combine Domaine Henri Boillot with Henri Boillot, my top three are Louis-Michel, Henri Boillot (those two tied) and then Hubert Lamy. I wish the answer were Carillon but too hard to find now + I drink them.

I have liked all his wines. Obviously, the grand cru is better than his premier crus, which are better than the villages wine, which is better than the Bourgogne Blanc. The Bourgogne Blanc is a pretty good $25 bottle of Chardonnay (which is what I paid for the 2017). Side by side, I have found his Chassagne Montrachet villages wine about comparable to the St. Aubin premier cru and probably, on average, I have liked his Morgeots the most of his premier cru CMs other than the Grands Ruchottes, which I have tasted at the winery and which is great, but I have never found for sale.

Great post. Thanks.

Thanks for the perspective Howard.

I have enjoyed his red villages CM a number of times but only tasted the Cardeuse for the first time a couple of years ago at the winery. Very excited that in the last year or so I have found some Cardeuse (2016) to buy and just a couple of months ago I found his 2014 Volnay Clos du Chenes!!! Never had his Volnay before!!!

I have a couple bottles of the 16 Carduse, will be fun to try sometime.

This whole thread has cemented one thing in my mind. I own much less white Burgundy than I thought because I actually drink a ton of itā€¦

Ramonet
Coche Dury
Droin (i am allocataire !!)

Iā€™m sort of the opposite; I havenā€™t drank any white burg since the fall, probably a good reason to stop buying.

Roulot
Bachelet Monnot
Arnaud Ente

I was surprised at how much Roulot Iā€™ve hoarded. Need to drink more.

They actually did make an AligotƩ back in the day, I have a bottle of the 1964.

PYCM, Lafon, Ramonet. Iā€™m actually buying way more white burgundy than red these days. Feeling less concerned about premox and also happy to drink some of them young.

Lafon
PYCM
A. et P. de Villaine

1. Arnaud Ente
  2. Roulot
  3. Tie - Leflaive, Lamy