Too late baby now, it's too late

More on topic, I saw this yesterday at Trader Joes and had some in my cart, but thankfully in checking the price also realized I already bought.

Perhaps. And better than one using Sirhan Sirhan! :wink:

Surely Syrah!

T’his is helpful to know, Neal. Thanks. I am a huge fan of 2014 Bordeaux. I have bought a number of various wines already, and will be buying more over the next couple of years I think. This is likely to be my biggest vintage purchase since 2001. (I did buy a lot of 2011s, but that was a special occasion as birth year wines- plus they never got delivered so I’m not sure that counts). The vintage really hits my sweet spot, and I am likely not buying too many 15s or 16s, mostly due to my age- I don’t want to wait until I’m 80 for my wines to be at the tertiary stage I like to drink them in.

Count me a believer in 2014 claret too. But I’m dubious it will develop all that much faster than the 2015s (I haven’t tried the 2016s).

I picked up a couple of 2015 Siran at the DC Costco. Opinions are all over the map on this one.

The 2015 Siran is a brilliant $30 wine. A little ying-yang, rough but fruity, needs time, doesn’t drink well in tropical climes though where any beverage thicker than weak tea comes across as Rollandized sludge!

I haven’t tried too much upper-end 14…yet :slight_smile:…but the others I’ve had have tasted to me like I might not have to wait 20 years. The top-end whites, BTW, are superlative in this vintage----we (hopefully) have a Bordeaux dinner coming up and I intend to wow the populace with the 2014 Pape Clement Blanc.

Mike

You raaaaaang…

:wink:

I haven’t had any 15s yet. But 2014 reminds me of a modern 1985, which were delicious at age 15 and delicious (in a different way) today

I agree about 2014-1985, my thought is more that the 2015s have enough fruit that they could drink fairly early as well. Also the tannin seems quite ripe in 2015 and in my samplings, it doesn’t seem all that much higher than 2014. But I haven’t tasted super widely in 2014 yet (my experience is mostly in the northern Medoc).