"Toddlering" dot com - yes, 2013 Ridge Monte Bello...had to do it, and NOT disappointed

Yes, please, someone else join me in drinking their wines too young… They’re great that way, I promise!

Here are some ideas:
Puppycrushing (as in crushing bottles of wine, not like crushing in a press)
Twilighting (teenage vampirism)
Kindertrinking (faux-German variant)

oldies but (maybe not) goodies:
-“robbing the cradle”
-“jumping the gun”
other thoughts:
-“cradle popping”
-“rushing roulette”

Inceptive inquisition.
Embryonic exploration.
Grape juice drinkin’.

As to earlier vintages, anyone have the 02 or 04 recently?

Saying ‘babykilling’ in another language is not a good substitute. I like twilighting but that sounds more like the END of a wine’s life, not early, particularly as the movie/books Twilight are losing impact.

Budding Bottle?
Fledgling-ing?
Tenderfooting?
Pubescicide?

Death by pubes? [scratch.gif]

Youthanasia

(yes, I recognize this is also the title of a Megadeth album)

Us dog lovers will kick your butt! [wow.gif]

Yeah that’s not my best work

Anything with “crushing” reeks of John Kapon and Twelve Angry Men.

How about winewasting?

Pobega’ing has been a term I picked up, but I think it already has an association with raiding a delivered box before it even gets into the cellar.
If you do this a few more times, we can call it Frenching!

Cheers,
fred

Toddlering.

This wins. Multiple meanings.

I have two of these from allocation and wish I could continue to evolve for 35 years as well. [cheers.gif]

HA! Awesome! Potential to catch on, though ‘babykilling’ is obvious, ‘toddlering’ is similar and non-offensive. Ok, folks, use it in social media! Make it stick

#toddlering

And Todd toddlering can lead to Todd being seriously toddlered:

BTW, Pobega-ing is completely different, as no way Mike Pobega lets a wine age 6 years, much less 30 or so that these babies need. Pobega-ing is when you blast open a bottle fresh from the FedEx delivery - open the box, open the wine.

Louis CK:

“It was so okay to beat your wife until so recently, that today we have a kind of shirt named after it. There is a piece of clothing in our culture, affectionately nicknamed, after beating the crap out of your wife. And for some reason, this is offensive to nobody. I saw a woman on Good Morning America, she said “I was walking around the house in my wifebeater.” I’m like, stop saying it like it’s not horrible!”

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/louis-ck-monologue/2768583 (that part is in the last minute or so, but the whole monologue is exceptional)

Not as effective when the quote comes from an admitted sexual predator, but yeah, definitely interesting

Toddlering sounds terrible, it implies sex with very young kids. If Babykilling is offensive then Toddlering is even more so. " i toddlered with my neice " would you want that in your volcabulary ?

Somebody suggested Frenching in a similar manner to Pobegaring, who on this board is the member most associated with drinking young powerful wines before they are ready ? use that name, if its Todd great if someone else than also fine. Golodetzing a wine can mine leaving it until its on life support with all fruit long since left the building.