Tns from the weekend

• 2006 Mollydooker Shiraz Velvet Glove - Australia, South Australia, Fleurieu, McLaren Vale (5/31/2010)
    As usual, this wine is viscous and dark. The palate is thick and juicy with loads of blueberry, vanilla, cinnamon and a little smoke. Goes great with chocolate. If huge is your thing, this is your wine. Great velvety texture that leads to an eternal finish.
  • 2006 Saxum Broken Stones Heart Stone Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (5/31/2010)
    Very inviting nose of baking spices and freshly crushed berries. The palate has dark and red berries, a little beef, nutmeg and an interesting flowery component. Certainly has mellowed out some, fairly balanced at this point though a little time should make it even smoother. I am not waiting for my last bottle.
  • 2007 75 (Seventy Five) Wine Company The Sum - USA, California, North Coast, Red Hills Lake County (5/31/2010)
    Last bottle. Still weak for a cali cab in 07 even at the price point. Drinkable but not much else to say.
  • 2007 Antica Terra Pinot Noir - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/31/2010)
    This wine always has seemed to me like its about to pop but it doesnt. The nose has some nice cherry and spice, and the palate does as well but there is an explosion missing for me. A little vanilla on the palate the is distracting as well. Feels soft rather than tight. I dont know if this will eved do it for me. Got one left we will see.
  • 2007 Copain Pinot Noir Tous Ensemble - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (5/31/2010)
    Still not a fan of the “new” Copain pinots. Some nice berries and a creamy texture. Missing spice and a ton of fruit for my palate. Bummer.
  • 2007 Loring Wine Company Pinot Noir Clos Pepe Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Rita Hills - Sta. Rita Hills (5/31/2010)
    Ive loved it more before but still typical American pinot with dark cherries, some oak, cinnamon. The palate is full and smooth with a little heat on the back end. Missing a bit of fruit for me on this night.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the notes Berto.

I can’t seem to get anywhere with Antica Terra either. Must be a personal taste.
I have all the Saxums but seem to be stuck on opening the Heartstones, I like them so much.

I always think that I will save some Saxums for later…been buying since 03, and I have no 04s, 1 05 JBV and 1 rocket block, and like 3 bottles of 06…already cracked an 07 bone rock too. Cant keep my hands off the stuff.

As for Antica Terra…I would try the 08 before completely writing it off if I were you…