TNs: 2016 Myriad Cabernet Sauvignon featuring two new vineyards

Thanks for the TNs and the info! [cheers.gif]

SAVE THE DATE ~ August 2nd, 2018
Greetings A-Listers!

We are pleased to announce that your Myriad Cellars Portfolio/Single Vineyard Cabernet secured allocation will open August 2nd at 10am. Your allocation features the follwing wines.

2016 Myriad Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet $65
2016 Myriad Cellars Round Pond Vineyard Cabernet $80
2016 Myriad Cellars Three Twins Vineyard Cabernet $85
2016 Myriad Cellars Steltzner Vineyard Cabernet $125
2017 Myriad Cellars McGah Vineyard Semillon $26
2017 Myriad Cellars Tofanelli Old Vine Semillon $26

We will open your A-List allocation on August 2nd at 10am for five days. On August 7th at 10am Pacific Time, any remaining wines will then open to our Tier One mailing list.

A-LIST Members will receive an email on the morning of August 2nd with a link to your personal account. You will have until August 7th at 10am Pacific Time to secure your allocation. Please Note: We anticipate a swift response to this offer and due to the popularity of these Cabernets. For some wines, you will have the possibility to wish for additional quantities. We will do our very best to grant as many wishes as possible

Tier One and New Customers will receive an email link on the morning of August 7th and Aug 14th offering any remaining available wines.

Four cabs? Interesting, there are three more cabernets listed in my email, making it seven. This will be interesting.

Can someone explain what makes one an A-LIST or Tier One buyer?

A list is a very small group of long standing buyers, basically if you dont know what it is then your not on it and not likely to be on it anytime soon. The A list get guaranteed allocations, im not sure of the exact criteria but think like 10 years + of regular buying and thats the sort of customer the A list os aimed at. Tier one is the first wave for normal list members who have purchased previously, you get an allocation but its not guaranteed, if you snooze you loose

I love these wines but I am the only one who feels that there are just to many bottlings in a year ? If you take just 2 of each then your getting close to three cases of cab

They have 18 cab bottlings a year? That must be an exclusive list I’m not a member of. Disappointing to learn.

(Being a smartass)

8 Cab
2 Semiion
4 Syrah
2ea = 28 btls

Rarely post here, but I have never heard of the A-list. I’ve been a buyer since the 2010 release and noticed that the last Dr. Crane Elysian release I was not able to get the one bottle I always take. That was only 3hrs after the release. I suspected something was up. Now I know. Just sucks because although I don’t buy a large quantity, I still buy at least one bottle of each. Todd

Yes, the Dr. Crane allocation was frustrating, but I think what happened is that they didn’t have a limit (or a high limit) on bottles once the allocation opened. So people took a lot right when the site opened, and it was corrected by Myriad but only after the majority of the offering had already sold. I think this has been fixed from what I’ve been told for future releases.

As a long time buyer of Myriad cabs (back to the release of the ‘08s) and a regular supporter of several other Mike Smith brands, who did not make the ‘A-list’, I hope that the creation of such a list doesn’t result in lack of availability for other regular customers. I know Mike and Leah are good folks, so I’m sure they’ve taken steps to keep that from happening, but I always worry a little when a special group of customers gets prioritized.

I just want to thank Leah for contacting me and addressing any concerns that I had. It’s not often that this happens. Once again thank you Leah. Todd

I think they will, Andrew—worst-case, be sure to reach out personally. They are good, good people, not just good winemaking people.

Tiered mailing lists are something I forgot to remark on in parts of my 17-day trip, but there is more than one winery that is heading in that direction.

Got to taste a couple of these. I also have to cheerlead for the fantastic job Mike did with the Halcon Syrah in 2016.

From about 6 days ago:

2016 Myriad Napa Cab

Kenefick, Bourne, Scarlett (next to Caymus) and Georges III vineyards. 15.1%, a bit of Petit Verdot from Scarlett. This is more about cocoa, plum and light boysenberry. It’s a little unfinished now, but length and power here with sour cherry and plum, truffle notes a little later.

2016 Myriad Round Pond Cab

They are the only ones to get fruit out of here besides Round Pond itself. Across the street from Georges III. Slightly earthy bouquet with sweet plum and cocoa as well. Le gout is super-round, umami–and delectable. Soft as it gets but absolutely no heavy or surmaturite at all, with shiny blue and black fruit. Had to mark down a bottle of this.

Before Mike joined us, Leah told us a lovely story, how he had been working super-hard with the Stelzner and then he came into the house earlier that week and was glowing, with a big smile on his face. “You nailed it, didn’t you”, she said. Yup.

DO ACT QUICKLY. The Quivet stuff on the last release sold out in a day.

Email for Previous Buyers / Tier Two / B-List is out this morning.

SAVE THE DATE ~ Aug 7th, 2018

We are pleased to announce that our Myriad Cellars Portfolio Single Vineyard Cabernet Release will open AUGUST 7th at 10am. This release features the following FOUR Cabernets and TWO Semillons.

2016 Myriad Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet $65
2016 Myriad Cellars Round Pond Vineyard Cabernet $80
2016 Myriad Cellars Three Twins Vineyard Cabernet $85
2016 Myriad Cellars Steltzner Vineyard Cabernet $125
2017 Myriad Cellars Mcgah Vineyard Semillon $26
2017 Myriad Cellars Tofanelli Old Vine Semillon $26

We will open this release on August 7th at 10am to Previous Buyers for One Week on a first-come, first served basis. On August 14th, any remaining wines will then open to the entire mailing list.

Previous buyers will receive an email on the morning of August 7th with a link to your personal account. You will have until Monday, August 13th at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time to place your order. Please Note: Offers are based on availability and wines are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. For some wines, you will have the possibility to wish for additional quantities. We will do our very best to grant as many wishes as possible. We anticipate a swift response to this offer and due to the popularity of these Cabernets, they are likely to sell quickly.

New Customers will receive an email link on the morning of August 14th offering any remaining available wines.

fixed that for ya. neener
im on it too so don’t feel bad.

Just tasted through most of his 17s. Also tasted the wines going on sale for 16, shortly.

My takeaway? There is only 100cs of Stelzner. I recommend you max that out.

Open now !

I’m in for a case of cab and a case of semillon.
Tasted with Mike and Leah yesterday. Had 4 of the 2016 cabs. Purchase was a no-brainer!

I am wondering your thoughts on the 4 2016 cabs you tasted, I was out there in May and tasted through some of their lineup, but was only able to taste the 2016 Myriad Cab, and the 2016 Dr. Crane Elysian, both of which were extremely good (no detailed notes), despite being just bottled. I ordered a mixed case of the cab while I was there (I think it had 3 bottles of NV, and 1 ea/ of the single vineyard offerings).

2016 is looking like another great vintage for Napa and Sonoma. Perhaps a combination of the fruit depth/concentration of 2015, and some of the structure of 2013.

I have purchased 3 times . March 2016 and March 2017 and June 2017. But no allocation today when I log in.

I don’t get Myriad emails into my email Inbox .