TNs: 2 solid values

• N.V. Graham Beck Brut Rosé - South Africa, Western Cape (12/20/2009)
    11.5% alcohol. Blend of 58% Chardonnay and 42% Pinot Noir. Very pleasant QPR here. Nice nose of toast and bright apple fruit, with a hint of dried cherry in the background. In the mouth, very lively and pure, with solid concentration and brioche-wrapped fruit. Solid finish. This is a serious winner. B+
  • 2008 Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis Domaine Sainte Claire - France, Burgundy, Chablis (12/19/2009)
    12.5% alcohol. Greenish-yellow hue to this wine, with a terrific nose of green apple and rocks. In the mouth, lively and refreshing, with pure fruit and terrific, almost bracing acidity. Just a terrific drink. A-

Posted from CellarTracker

Last year about this time, I had both the Graham Beck rose and the blancs de blancs. I thought the rose was good, but the BdB was a step up. That may not be the case with the current bottlings, but you might give the BdB a spin if you see it around.

Thanks for the heads up, Lee. That’s worth a look.

Tom,
Thanks for the notes. I have been impressed with the one vintage of the Brocard Ste. Claire I have had, the 2005. I think we have two left and, frankly the last one we had at the end of summer was probably the best. Unfortunately, I don’t think our monopoly has gotten this product in since that vintage. Hopefully the 08 will come in this spring.