TN: The "Clos" dinner - aka Burgundies from Clos, or "walled" plots

I’m definitely giving Levis lots of second chances based on the good work he does and the great guy he comes across as.

Has his account been hacked? Is this THE Levis Dalton? If so, is he OK?

I flabbergasted!

Wow - this thread has taken on a life of its own…

Some quick replies:

1. The theme was chosen for fun, not to pick out any stylistic qualities. Just bring anything from a plot that used to be, or still is a Clos
  2. Raphet was indeed Raphet, and not a Rapet. A strange thing, because I could not find any examples of the bottling after that. Friend hand carried back from Burgundy.
  3. Dinner was way back in 2016. Just found some long-lost notes recently and started to post them
  4. Wines came from various sources - so no reason for the majority to be performing badly. Food was decently paired as well.

If you don’t want threads that carry on a life of their own stop writing such damn interesting notes! Thanks for the confirmation on the Raphet. The chief American importer has its office a couple of miles away; I’m now interested in seeing if it’s possible to get some. This from someone who stopped buying Côte d’Or whites with 2008 vintage. But oddities like this interest me. Thanks again Paul!