TN: Seems like a lifetime ago

Awesome trip, that brings back some memories. Big Sur is possibly my favorite part of the Country And the Post Ranch is the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in. Yes it’s a stretch but honestly Somehow it feels worth it. After we fell in love with the area we actually got married on Pfeiffer beach! Need to get back there soon when this is all over.
Great wines Too of course, I could drink $10 Rose on the deck of Nepenthe and be in paradise. Never knew you could walk into Pebble, that’s cool.

Lol, that’s not a phrase we have up here, but I like it!

Robert, it helps that we tend to do this trip almost every year for our anniversary in March, in the off season with fewer people. Yes, Pebble Beach lodge has good public parking, and you can just walk in, stroll around the shops, walk into the lounge, sit out on the deck in good weather, eat, drink, all that. Same is true at the Ritz Half Moon Bay, which I highly recommend for its views. We are well practiced interlopers at all the high end places :wink:

Sir,

Great trip. We’ve only been there a few times. I’ve been to Nepenthe twice, 1979 with my dad and 2009 with my wife. Gotta go back.

Thanks for triggering the memories.

Lonnie

That’s quite the memory! I think this bottle was even better than that one. Fortunately the third isn’t leaking, at least so far.

And yes you do!

Awesome post and hoping to replicate some of it in mid september.
Alan- is Carmel Highlands Inn a Hyatt property ?