TN: Rockford Basket Press Shiraz 2004

Rockford Basket Press Shiraz 2004

Intense and seductive nose that you can sniff a long time - deep and hard to unravel but still very lively - strawberries, wine gums and hints of icing sugar keep it fresh and interesting. On the palate it’s classic Rockford - not a heavy weight at all but full of class, plums, cola, turkish delight. It’s very long in a fine and fragrant way rather than trying to overpower you with oak tannin and alcohol , finishes savoury and is simply a lovely wine. No word of warning other than it’s a 2004, the tannins are built to last and consequently do what I couldn’t - leave it alone. Come back in 2015 …

I am getting slightly blase about shiraz but this wine seriously rocks, if you can find any.

Cheers - Jay

Dear Jay,
Thanks for the note, you are spot on that this is a down right lovely wine.
Luckily its on the list at my golf club and it goes down even better with 18 holes before it.
MT

Michael

Great to see you posting!

I wish I could get 2004 Rockford Basket Press, but GP ruined that relationship with the US!

Thanks Dan,
Ed Cellars have historically got a big allocation
http://www.edinburgh.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I buy a lot of wine state side but I don’t know if any one shipping it back anymore?
Those 95 Brunel Cuvee Cent’s I got from you Dan arrived the other day and I am getting twitchie with the cork screw
Thanks
MT