TN: Piper rare 2002

What a great price

They need to drop the gold cage.

Yes, and I bought it, and it was great, and I am very annoyed that I did not buy more. November 2014. One bottle free shipping. $119.99. Most NY places are now in the 160 range/

Thanks for the price update. Always love the free shipping!

Has anyone tried the more recent vintages?

Yes. I had the 06 at the Vancouver International Wine Festival. I include a few other notes of wines drank at the same time for context:

2007 Taittinger Champagne Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut - France, Champagne (2/27/2020)
Drank at the Vancouver Wine Fest. A step above the LP Grand Siècle 24 and the PH Rare 2006. Lemon, yeast, bread dough, Granny Smith apple and wet stone nose. Dry orchard fruit and lemon flavours and a long dry finish. (95 pts.)

2008 Laurent-Perrier Champagne Brut - France, Champagne (2/27/2020)
This was fantastic. As good as the 24 Grand Siècle. Delicious textured dry concentrated Champagne. (93 pts.)

NV Laurent-Perrier Champagne Grand Siècle Iteration 24 Grande Cuvée - France, Champagne (2/27/2020)
Very pure orchard fruit and citrus driven wine. I loved it just a notch below the Comtes 07. (93 pts.)

2006 Piper-Heidsieck Champagne Cuvée Rare - France, Champagne (2/27/2020)
Clear medium light yellow. Creamy, Lemon and apple nose, slight oxidation and nice caramel richness. Dry bruised apple flavours and a long rich finish. (92 pts.)