TN: Patricia Green Pinot Noir Balcombe Vineyard 2014

I think what I love so much about these wines is that they’ve always showed restraint, and the folks that seem to love them are “my kind of people” that all seem passionate and excited about sharing great wines and creating amazing experiences. Jim has always been so kind & generous with his time and I keep finding myself say, I need to get on the mailing club…because the Etzel Block really is a favorite wine (from anywhere) of mine. Thanks for sharing the note and prompting the reminder. I’m really looking forward to getting their 2018 Estate Sauvignon Blanc in a week or two! When the shipment arrives with the 2017 commemorative bottling in honor of Patty is shipped out.

I hear you, Kirk, thanks for the invite above. I currently live in IN, so pretty far, but my kid my be going to school in the area, so I may be around more–who knows?

Opened a 2014 PGC Freedom Hill/Coury tonight and it really shone. In a great place, wide open, showing tons of red fruit on the nose and palate, but also revealing depths of spices on the nose and palate with a superb, long, crunchy spicy finish. Tons of intensity but also balanced, yummy, deep. A beautiful Oregon Pinot.

Hi Rich, Cool to see you, Diane, and I all posting in the the same thread–thanks for the great note!

You guya are newbs-I have B!B back to '02. Once you get experienced, all PG roads end at Etzel. Just my humble op. But even in most difficult years, Etzel always makes me smile.

Mitch, I first encountered Jim and the wines around '04, on a late, surprise visit to PG in the lead-up to IPNC. Jim was incredibly gracious and informative. Good to know about the Etzel Block, have to save it for a special occasion.

hey Jim have you gotten much feedback on the Commemorative bottling yet? doesn’t look like any notes have made it onto CT at this point. curious what your thoughts and reccs are on how they’ll evolve?