TN: Ojai Sangiovese WhateHawkVnyd '11..(short/boring)

Tried this last night w/ John:

1. TheOjaiVnyd Sangiovese WhiteHawkVnyd/SBC (14.0%) 2011: Med.dark color; quite attractive classic Sangio/cherry/roses slight earthy/pungent rather perfumed nose; rather tart somewhat hard/astringent/tannic bright/cherry/Sangio/roses bit lean/austere/tight bit dusty/earthy rather structured flavos; quite long fairly hard/tart/austere/tannic very bright/cheery/cherry/Sangio/roses light earthy/dusty finish; lots of bright cheerful/cherry/Sangio fruit but rather hard/astringent/tart/tannic on the palate; speaks of Sangio loud & clear; needs 3-6 yrs but not sure the lovely fragrance will last; quite a nicely done Sangio. $40.00 (WH)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. When I was visiting w/ Adam in his tasting room in Ojai a few weeks ago, he mentioned that he’d made a Sangiovese. I perked up immediately but, alas, he related, he’d sold out of it. Fortunately, I stumbled upon a btl at TheWineHound a few days later.
    This wine is pretty characteristic of Calif’s efforts w/ Sangio. They often capture that pretty/bright/cherry/Sangio fruit, but they can often be rather hard on the palate. This Ojai is one of the better ones I’ve tried.
    Tom