TN: NV Marc Hébrart Champagne Premier Cru Brut Rosé (France, Champagne)

What was the disgorgement date?

Jean-Paul Hebrart is the current generation running things and the son of Marc Hebrart. I don’t know why some of the wines (including the Special Club) can still be found on occasions with Jean-Paul Hebrart labels instead of Marc Hebrart. The Jean-Paul Hebrart label was started before Jean-Paul officially came back and took over the family wines, but since 1997, they have been one and the same. I’ll have to ask why the Jean-Paul Hebrart labels still exist and if there are any differences between these wines and the Marc Hebrart wines (I suspect in most cases they are the same. Both made at Marc Hebrart by Jean-Paul and regsitered to the same company. My guess would be different labels for different clients/markets, but I’m not sure.

Good to hear the “buzz” on this House.

Is the Hebrart Special Club… special? I see it floating around here and there for a reasonable seeming tariff, but I’ve not tried.

No idea, it doesn’t say anywhere on the label. But I expect all my bottles were the same disgorgement as they came from the same purchase, though that’s not 100% guaranteed.

Looking at notes, this 6 pack produced 1 corked, 2 unpleasant, 1 pretty decent, and 1 very good so far. That’s not a great track record.

Thanks fro the great note! I have really great memories from visiting Jean-Pierre 2011 and 2013. And the last visit was just so we were able to buy cases of rose for our wedding. The prices have gone a bit up so can you imagine how ridiculously cheap it was when I bought it for the wedding at 17 euros / bottle. I find it still excellent QPR

Hmm…every bottle of Hebrart I have ever owned (30+ bottles) has a disgorgement date. Something seems fishy.

My rose is all from Envoyer. Nothing on the front label and all that’s on the back is the importer label. Just went to the cellar and checked the other 6 pack from Envoyer - same.

Also checked the 2 cases of blanc de blanc, which I bought in France. Same deal - nothing on the front label, only the importer label on the back. Also the same with the couple of cases of Special Club magnums.

Interesting. My current batch Hebrart Rose is Envoyer as well, and has disgorgement dates. All my other Hebrart has been Skurnik, and always had disgorgement dates.

Opened a bottle tonight (2019 disgorgement) that was flat out delicious. Just ask my wife, who polished off more than her fair share.

Nothing remotely bitter about it. My wife is sensitive to and despises bitterness, so it was not there in this bottle.

1 Like

This thread got me to pick up a bottle locally last week. Disgorgement was 2018, maybe May but I don’t remember. Drank this with moderately spicy northern Indian food from a place around the corner from the wine shop. No flaws per se, but once it had some air it was quite a bit too sweet for my preference, and I am not normally a zero dosage fan.

Dosage has varied from 4-6 g/l, so not crazy high at all.

LOL so far we’ve gotten sweet and bitter. I’ve had many bottles of this and never gotten any of either. Bottle variation? Storage? Bad wine karma?

Bitter almonds is what I said, which is not the same thing in my lexicon as just saying the wine tasted bitter. I’m attempting to distinguish between more of an almond extract taste and the taste of the sweet almond nut. I have no problem with bitter almonds being part of the overall flavor profile of the wine, so long as it isn’t overwhelming, which it was on the first couple of bottles I had.

Our last bottle was quite nice for the price, despite the tinge of almond extract on the finish, though nothing I’d rave about or give 94 points. If I ever gave scores. It just doesn’t grab us the way it grabs some.

Popped a bottle of lot 457 tonight that we purchased from Envoyer and we were just astounded by the quality of this wine. Comparable, or maybe even better than, a bottle of Billecart‑Salmon Cuvee Elizabeth Salmon 2007 that costs 4.5x.

I’m not sure Envoyer will ever offer this again for what we paid the last time ($31.50 + shipping!!!), but it’s really a steal at any price. Sorry to bump an old thread, but seemed more appropriate than creating a new one.

1 Like

This is an absolute favorite of ours! I was fortunate enough to be part of the purchase mentioned by Troy, I agree with the review and the rating. For the price we paid and even significantly more what a wonderful champagne.

Basically this started us on our current exploration of bubbles.

1 Like

Summer approaches and in anticipation of relaxing evenings after a day on the beach I bought a couple of bottles of Marc Hebrart Premier Cru Brut Rosé

Disgorged 22/01/2020
Code: L658

Anybody know what base vintage wine this is?

Looks like the November 2020 dégorgement is an assemblage of 2016, 17 and 18. August 2019 dégorgement is an assemblage of 2016 and 17. Not sure of this Jan 2020…

1 Like

Hey Phil; I’m being lazy here. Is this info on Hebrart’s website?

I am a big fan of this bottling.

I got them from retailer emails I received. I have the bad habit to move them all to a “Wine” email folder for moments like these.

You got me looking at the Hebrart website and it seems that they only have a rather useless Facebook page.
Edit: amazing picture on that page though!!

2 Likes

Boy, was this ever an easy drinker!

A light salmon pink with frisky stream of bubbles.
Pêche Melba, mandarin and pink grapefruit on the nose with a hint of yeast/brioche.
The wine is medium bodied, characteristics of the nose are reflected in the flavour with an inclusion of raspberry ripple and pink grapefruit finish; not complex.

This is a very good summer wine, calling for one to first enjoy a day on the beach and then afterwards opening a chilled bottle on the veranda and enjoying to a light meal and snacks! I have three bottles left for that! :sunny: :beach_umbrella::champagne::clinking_glasses:

2 Likes