TN: NV Krug Champagne Grande Cuvée Brut (France, Champagne)

True dat!

Yes, this is exactly as I see it also…

I’d also much rather the '96 Salon than the '96 Krug as well.

My cork reads V561, is that the 2000 base too?

Krug MV and a bowl full of GOODNESS!!!
image.jpg

I recently posted notes on 96` Salon in another thread:

1996 SALON LE MESNIL BRUT BdB- I`ve thoroughly enjoyed a number of bottles of this superb Champagne previously and have not had one any better; this was such a star among stars on this day and although still very youthful, it is in a great place now and showed beautifully; there so much content and many nuances that shine through including some saline, pepper and toasted spices; it has great acidity and is inundated with fresh citrus and green apple notes; this is elegance and sophistication wrapped up in bubble form.

Tom, According to the code interpretation I cited above, you have a bottle that was disgorged in Nov/ Dec of 05` The base year is not shown on the cork.

I had the one with the 2005 base in January and thought it was quite good and probably fruitier and less oxidative than other Krugs I have had.

I have taken to drinking Champagne out of a Burgundy glass (it is pinot after all). Any reasons to prefer a Bordeaux or riesling glass instead?

maybe if it was a BdB? flirtysmile

piling on, but I am another huge 96 Salon fan and my one word review years ago on eBob still applies: wow.