TN: NV Krug Champagne Brut Grande Cuvée Edition 168eme (France, Champagne)

Well…when it’s your Bday…you Krug! champagne.gif

happy birthday! Nice.

been seeing blow out pricing of the 168 - throwback pre 164 if you will.

And where might those prices be found? Thanks!

…and when it’s weds…you KRUG! champagne.gif This 167eme not angry as before…more energized than edgy…bubbles are dancing…wonderful lemon citrus with a ginger brioche pillow to cuddle with!

So sexy. Also, shhh Charlie!

Opened a split last night; this is drinking phenkmenally at the moment. Laser like focus, fine mousse, just everything you want in a champagne.

Another 168 to celebrate getting power back; my passive + small amount of active cooling worked great as the cellar never got above 60 in the ~24 hours without power.

Again phenomenal performance. Acidity/fruit balance is spot on, young but infinite potential.

Thanks for checking in. It’s so good. I need to pick up another 6-pack of this at some point before it disappears. Or maybe I’ll wait until the mags are released. Or both…

The wine access deal was real nice.

Flatiron SF has it for $149/bottle on a 6-pack until end of day Monday.

Opened the first of a 12 bottle case of 375 ml’s. On the nose, a wonderful balance of the freshness of the young juice and the aged quality of the reserve wines. On the palate, the freshness is at the forefront, and the aged wine is on the finish. Beautiful and elegant mousse. Total balance. And that is probably this wines calling card–balance. A really really fine example of the heights a multivintage wine can reach, and Krug should be justifiably proud of this release.

I have purchased all mine locally from Grand Vin in Olympia for $162.They have different numbers 119001, 119004,119008.Has anybody experienced any differences
in the different bottlinga.Thanks in advance

418039 was my 375 number