TN: New wave Australian Chardonnay - 2017 Stargazer (Tasmania)

Paul

We were in beechworth 3-4 yrs ago and that is how we discovered Haldon as a friend told us to visit her winery. Have been meaning to try Domenica. Not familiar with the other 2. Have enjoyed older Sorrenbergs but at 65 a bit above the everyday drinking price point.

True that, but it is seriously good. The 2015 is due for release and perhaps their best.

I had asked Jeremy on a parallel thread about any good Tazzie Chards—excellent, thanks Kent. I will try to look for it, likely when I’m next in the U.S.

Mark
You you tried Hoddles? Their 1er Chardonnay is excellent and priced in that range.
They have a new label called syberia. More leaner than 1 er but also more acid driven.

I have also tried their new Pinot label called ‘PSB’ . The 2017 vintage was excellent in Yarra and its an charming Pinot with a Chambolle like finesse.

Would be keen to get your ( and Jeremy’s ) opinion on Bin 17A and Yattarna.

Had the 17A last night Sanjay, splendid wine. Rich and complex with plenty of struck match. Good detail and a long citrusy finish. Outstanding build and texture.

Sounds good Jeremy. Will chill one down tonight. Hoping for not too much of the struck match (Coche proportions will be fine)!!

Sanjay. Just busted one. Seriously good. Puligny premier cru style.