TN: Mostly CDP dinner

I recently had Rayas red 2007 three times (different sources) … always stunningly powerful … like 2005, 2009 and 2010 (2006 and 2008 are less expansive).

But a flawed Pignan 2009 (last year).

Interesting tasting, and bad luck on the Rayas. Love the “you’re not subjectively reviewing the wines within your personal rating system to my personal preference you nugget” comments. Get it together, Shin! You’re obviously doing it wrong! When you taste wines, you need to do a better job of appeasing folks who can simply avoid your notes altogether! Do better!

I’m assuming this is directed at me, but you’re barking up the wrong tree. I’m fine with his liking Clos St. Jean. But he didn’t seem to. I was saying his numerical ratings didn’t match his comments.

I actually just had a bottle of 07 Pignan last week at Rekondo in San Sebastian, ESP. By memory they had 04, 06, 07 and the sommelier recommended 07 as showing the best right now. I found it very pure, ripe but not overly so, with very aromatic sandalwood and cinnamon and that clean, precise Rayas red fruit. I thought it was a very nice bottle.

1 Like