TN: More Bottom Feeding @ Total Wine...(short/boring)

This is the first I’ve heard of that opinion, and it would be quite surprising, given the smashing commercial success of their trademark style. But maybe it’s true anyway. Has anyone else heard or observed this? From what vintage forward is this change occurring?

One thing that was curious about Rombauer was that their chardonnay and zinfandel were in the maximum over the top sticky sweet style, but then their merlot and cabernet were relatively old school compared to where their contemporaries are these days. I think they were making 14.1% type cab and merlot. Interesting disparity in style.

In a large gated community in Danville with mansions and a golf course, called Blackhawk, there are two place to buy wine - a bottle shop and a Safeway.

Draeger’s. May not be the greatest prices, but better selection than the Safeway and probably the bottle shop (haven’t been in years since wasn’t that interesting).

-Al

OMG. This is actually the most important thing I have ever read on this board. If only we had a search function I might have known this long ago.

If you’d watched my posts closely over the years, you’d have realized that there were more smilies behind the curtain.
[haha.gif] [beee.gif] [beg.gif] [suicide.gif]

You’re singing my tune, my next business is going to be called THE HAIR SHIRT WINE COMPANY.

Looking forward to it on Berserker Day. I’m in for a three pack of the Merde Chinon.

Not picking on you John but I hate that suicide simile. I wish Todd or mods would remove it.

My family has been shattered by gun-related suicide, so I find it revolting.

Hate to sound like a triggered snowflake, but so be it …

I removed it

Good, Todd. You are such a sensitive/new-age/millennial kind of guy, Todd. I though it a bit inappropriate myself, as well.
Tom

Thank you, Todd. [thumbs-up.gif]

Thread drift - has anyone seen the 20% off coupons recently? Every week they have the winery direct coupons but it’s been a while since I’ve seen the 20% off any wine. I use that to buy Bordeaux.

I have to give the McLean VA TW props - I was in there earlier this year to buy some everyday Bordeaux. I was shocked by the price increases for some of the wines I had just bought the previous year ($32 to $48) and mentioned that to the wine consultant and also asked about the 20% coupon. He told me to just tell the clerk to apply the 20% off any wine coupon at checkout - I did and saved over $40!

I concur. I’m not keen on suicide humor and even hesitated to use it. I shouldn’t have.

Well done, Todd.

How would you craft it to make it read better… er… craftier?