TN: Meiomi PinotNoir '17...(short/boring)

[quote665 Comments on the NYTimes site since Dec 28th: NYTimes - Our Critic Wants You to Try These Supermarket Wines. I’m wondering if/when Asimov will post his TNs?

Tom, way to take one for the team. Interesting research: Meiomi PN, The Prisoner, and Apothic Red, as long as someone else is doing it.
][/quote]
I did ask in one of those comments where his tasting notes were.

In Ontario the LCBO lab tests everything. The most recent lab test they ran on this wine (vintage not explicitly named) revealed 14.5% ABV and 9 g/l sugar. So it’s clearly picked ripe. Here is enough to be classified as “Dry”, but I believe anything over 5 g/l can’t be called dry in europe.

Remember that just because of wine has that much RS does not mean that it was picked riper than that. They most likely added concentrates just before bottling the dial-in the sweetness they were after.

Target (of all places) had this yesterday for $15.99, I knew it was cheap, but not that cheap.

And I’m sure they’ll sell a boatload of it.

Cheers.

Target (of all places) had this yesterday for $15.99, I knew it was cheap, but not that cheap.

Just think how much it would cost on a chain, corporate restaurant’s list.

https://menus.mccormickandschmicks.com/MSED_wine.pdf

Well curiosity got me to the web site.
You can now get Meiomi pinot reserve(limited) only on the website for $50 a bottle.
Hurry before they sell out!
[cheers.gif]

Here’s a new one,
252CE083-4E56-40CC-BAF2-BE4DCDD4DDB8.jpeg

On the “what would you do if served at a wedding” measuring standard, this wine is acceptable. I would give it 82 points, meaning I would drink it at a wedding or other rubber chicken dinner and not complain. There are a lot of wines I have had that are much worse. I think Tom’s “not a bad red but just utterly boring” is just about spot on.

Highway robbery. pileon

I call that stuff “Mommy Crack”.