TN: Leroy, Ramonet, Krug, Boisson-Vadot

Well, it depends somewhat on the vintages, and also the era chez Ramonet… But, pace Lavalle, to me Perrières (and especially Coche’s, from rather higher up the slope) and Montrachet are operating in different registers: if Montrachet is all about amplitude, Perrières is all about tension, and so it’s a matter of chalk-and-cheese. Coche Corton-Charlemagne would be the more direct comparison really!

1 Like

Well, “ça renarde pas” is more specific to the stink William described (renard means fox in French, the verb doesn’t really exist (or is no longer used) but is quite used in wine vocabulary), like you’d find in some natural wines or upon opening some syrah (an example of Thierry Allemand Reynards 2011 comes to mind. Horrible stink of barnyard and musk and fur early on, but it got away after a while).
But of course that also implies the wine is good and thus doesn’t suck.

Alain

Alain

très cool!

Nice work Alex.

As Francois would say, no pschitt.

I picked Coche MP as an example more to keep the price in the same stratosphere as the Ramonet Montrachet. Also, my experience with Coche CC is limited to 4 vintages (86, 91, 05, 09) but so far the 89 and 96 Coche MP stand out as the best wines I’ve had with the 05 Coche CC and 99 D’Auvenay Gouttes D’Or just slightly behind them.

1 Like

1989 is one of JFC’s favorites, but he doesn’t have any left. Envious that you got to drink that one!