TN: La Tache dinner - 50, 53, 69, 85, 88, 89, 90, 93, 95, 96, 98 and 05

Damn…I’m missing out! I might just have to cave in to this social media stuff! I do own fb stock though! [wink.gif]

wow. fantastic lineup gents!

l]

I totally approve! Thanks for posting. [cheers.gif]

I have been lucky to have had most of those LTs, but not the two oldest and not all at the same time. I am surprised how good the 89 was, not at all surprised by the 90, surprised the 95 wasn’t harder, not surprised that 96 need more time.

99 is for me one of the greatest LTs and I had the fortune to taste it in barrel at DRC. Taste that one next time!

LT is my favorite wine but current pricing precludes more than an occasional bottle.

Kudos for pulling off such a great night.

A mixed case of 90 included 3 b of LT and one b of RC, cost $2000 on release for the 12 bottle case. 90 LT was about $250 per b on release.

88 DRC was dumped on the market for a fraction of usual price and led to Leroy’s ouster from her DRC board position and is an interesting story in itself.

But I digress . . .

When any of you DC Winos need another local to help empty your glasses, I mean, ahem, share fine tasting experiences , PM me. Great notes!

Fabulous lineup Kevin.

Thanks for the great write up.

Shame you didn’t have a '99 to put alongside the '05, they are a fascinating pair, and I’m still not sure which one will turn out better…

Great tasting. Pleased to see the 95 do so well, it was my first La Tache purchase and I always thought it great, preferring it to some other “better” vintages, it is all gone now. Of course very pleased to have a couple of bottles of the 05 among other recent vintages. Not everyday wines.
Cheers Mike

Wow. Thanks for posting your notes Kevin & crew. What an incredible lineup; I’m saving those notes to help guide my first LT purchase.

Wow guys! Great job! So that’s the reason I’ve been seeing family vacation pictures of M. Favre in DC…

It was great meeting you Scott and can’t wait until next time! You will have to toss the tie next time also :slight_smile:. Promise - I’ll send ahead a nice set of wines to share that will not disappoint.

Way to much wine? What is this nonsense Raymond neener [cheers.gif]?

We missed you Saturday night Don! Next time - glad you got home safely.

Buzz, Charlie, Todd+T, and Edson - you’ll get your fill of good wine the first weekend of August in San Francisco. Just wait!

Beautiful descriptive notes Kevin. What an opportunity to taste all of these together. Look forward to meeting you, as I’m sure Jon invited you to Tucson!

thinking about it makes me giddy. [snort.gif] airfare and overpriced hotel booked!

Ballers

Grea tasting Kevin ! I’m surprised by the high scores of the 95 and 96 . It seems they are comning out of their shell .
My all time favorite La Tache’s are the 1990 and the 1999 . Most memorable was the 59 . Worst one was the 72 ( had it last week , tasted like soya sause ) .

Herwig,
Even in a very weak year like 73, DRC made very good wines. I was also surprised by the 95 and 96. As Don Cornutt posted, the wines were remarkably consistent. It is incredibly absurd to say but I regret not buying more at $1k mark. I bought three mags of the 96 for $2k as I recall. You should come back soon!

I would definitely appreciate the wines slightly more in a smaller gathering of four to six, btw the wines showed magnificently. Having said it was a lot easier to pull the cork in this dinner, sharing with a bunch of good fellows and that sentiment was shared by all, especially by Jon. champagne.gif

Producers, producers and producers…and DRC is DRC. La Tache will always be La Tache. The question is : when will you open it.

La Tache from very weak years like 1992, 1994, 2000 and 2004 are good example and you need not have to wait too, too long to enjoy them as long as we do not not open them side-by-side with La Tache from other stronger years.

In Ontario Canada, LCBO needed to do a fire sale for DRC ( including La Tache and except RC ) from vintage year 1994. Those were the good old… [cheers.gif]

Just my 2 cents.