TN: Krug 168

Buy 3 plus the cheapest bottle to get over $300. Use the $100 off (not sure if still active?) and then It’s like $70 per. They are typically available elsewhere for that price though over time and you can be assured of the edition.

It’s 89 for me so you can get 3 plus a $30 btl for 200 (I have steward ship). It’s at least 20% cheaper than any other source.

interesting information. you described in such detail.

Seems very strange.
But as news, eric lebel will leave krug

Interesting read

The story of her path to the job was interesting. I was less impressed with her avoidance of any specific description of the Krug style other than “fresh,” despite that being the apparent topic of several of her answers. If I wasn’t already familiar with the wine before reading that interview, I’d have very little idea of its style.

Seemed very political if you asked me although their were hints of what could be changes to come… or I could be reading in to it… hard to know about these things when sober :slight_smile:

I opened my first 168 eme today to see if I wanted to order more. I knew the answer in an instant. It’s dense and flavorful, with a mélange of candied orange, lemon, ginger, hazelnut, warm bread. It has an aggressive bead. This is right in my wheelhouse, great now but major upside potential. I need far more of this wine than I can afford.

Cheers,
Warren

Warren, stop! I’ve been disciplined so far but I reckon there are enough smart palates like yours and others that tell me it’s time to put a few to the cellar. There is some close by that won’t require shipping so… [truce.gif]

Krug 168 tonight from 375

Even better than the first showing. A bit more vinous despite delicate bead and nice mousse. Lovely purity of fruit and elegance. As good now as the 163 I cracked last week with much more potential. Not regretting going extremely long.