TN: Jean-Francois Merieau "Bulles" Sparkling Loire

While I lean toward Burgundy, gotta have those great quaffers for regular intake. If you like dry, crisp sparkling wine with personality the NV Jean-Francois Merieau “Bulles” is a winner… about $17. A blend of 80% Chenin Blanc and 20% Chardonnay.

Marty

I seem to recall seeing this one a while back at K&L, and will look a little harder next time as I really do enjoy good CdlL as alternative sparklers. Thanks, Marty.

Thanks for the note.
What does anyone know about the producer? In the last year several of their wines appeared local shelves, including this sparkler, a gamay, and a couple other bottlings. The range makes me think this is a negociant?

For the price I thought the gamay (also Loire, don’t remember the vintage) was just fine - in a lean racy kind of way.

Here’s some info

Cream Wine Company" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks.
I’m stumbling more over Loire geography than any other region I’ve tried to understand - especially in terms of understanding what is planted where.
The sparkler is available locally - I will grab a bottle soon. The link you provided makes me want to taste the cot as well, but I don’t know that I’ve seen that one around.