TN: Exploring Goodfellow and Kelley Fox PN

Now that’s an event that would have been right up my alley. Great post - sorry to have missed out. For those in ATL with an OR pinot blindspot, I’d be happy to help you all with that if additional opportunities arise.

Mike, thanks for posting the notes on the dinner!

I am a big fan of Kelly’s wines, and Patricia Green as well. I think your decision to wait for the 10 year mark on PGC is something that will hold true for a lot of my favorite Oregon producers these days. I used to feel 5-6 was enough(and still lack the will power not to check in on some of the wines at this age), but so many have been really great at 10 lately that I am starting to look at that age to really start digging into the better Pinot Noirs from the Willamette Valley.

Alan, Thank you for opening my wines in such good company.

Ron, I opened a bottle of 04 Souris for one of my distributors about 3 weeks ago. We pulled the cork at 4:45, and sat down to dinner at 6:45. Started tasting Pinot Noir about 7:45…and it was ready to drink. Lovely, primary with just the first layers of tertiary earth, evergreen, and spice. Still floral adn red fruited, and evolved beautifully over another couple of hours.

I also opened the 05 Souris in a flight of 2005 Burgundy wines last Monday…also beautiful and in the window!

So there’s at least a couple of vintages you should go ahead and open! [wink.gif]

Marcus,

Your wines are terrific.
It was my introduction. I hope to taste many more.
Cheers!