TN Dom Perignon 2010

FM3 is definitely one of the WB Bubbleheads I follow. He posts incredible CT notes and our palates are similar with more appreciation to Champagne with little to no dosage, like Marie Courtin.

FYI 10 is one of the worst champagne vintages in decades. Most producers didn’t make a 10 vintage and those that did weren’t very good with the exception of Vilmart CDC. As I said earlier, the 10 Dom is mediocre, at best.

Saying you don’t like Dom because you had the 10 is like saying you don’t like Burgundy after only trying 04.

Ah, another 2010 Dom is no good thread. Love it

It’s sad that so many are having their initial Dom experience with the 2010. But the possibility of being underwhelmed is not limited to mediocre vintages. As I said recently in another thread, I was underwhelmed by the 2002 on release, but trusted the strength of the vintage which turned out well. When I tasted the 2008 on release, I recognized the quality even though it was quite primary. Haven’t had the 2012 but Michael drinks a lot of high end Champagne and if he says it’s delicious I believe him. But as others have said: the real Dom experience comes from a strong vintage, held for a decade or two.

Having a few bottles of 2010 Dom on hand, I really need to stop opening these threads, and there are a lot of them :slight_smile:.

For me, Dom Perignon is most impressive once it’s about 20-25 years old. In it’s youth, it’s enjoyable, but I agree that lots of young Champagne is rarely worth the tariff immediately on release. Even a few years in bottle can help…but I’d suggest tasting an older bottle first before you write off Dom Perignon.