TN: De Negoce #1

Thank you to those who open one for the team. It would be at offer#100 when the first bottle is ready…

The Cellartracker notes seem far more intriguing.

Well I think I’ve ordered all the Cabs except 1 (It somehow ended up in my spam folder) and also ordered the merlot, pinot, and chardonnay. I paid the $ for summer storage except for the first Cab…it is supposed to arrive on Friday. I’ll let it settle for a few months then crack one open.

That’s weird. The first cab I thought shipped last week to everyone.

I live in KY which has odd laws until July 15th when we join the 20th century and are able to ship/receive alcohol!

Thank for the TN

QPR, sounds well established.

Time in the cellar to evolve, any preconceptions?

Did we ever figure out where this might be from? Best guess seemed to be Faust. I did some sleuthing, but didn’t come up with any other likely candidates.

Only one I’m fairly certain on is Miner is #2, #3, and #4.

Interesting. Why so certain?

It’s discussed in previous thread. He goofed and said #2, #3, #4 all came from the same winery and are all stagecoach. Only Miner fits the glove. And the prices are right too.

Based on initial impressions, what would you pay for it?

I would say $40.
My friend opened this one and ‘17 Austin hope cab, and we agreed that De Negoce delivered more value.

Saw a CT reviewer Coravin’d a glass. Does that work? (Yes I do Coravin $12 bottles…)

Pretty consistent scores on CT - all at 90+ with some comps to $60-90+ bottles. Can’t wait for mine to arrive in the fall

Yah #1 is solid it seems. I have little doubt given we know there were 6666 cases and he used the language “identical” to the winery that #1 was essentially a shiner of a $50 retail bottle of wine.

1 Like

Don’t you all know that you are supposed exactly 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days and 17 hours until AFTER bottling to enjoy any wine? What are you all thinking?!?!? [wow.gif] neener [snort.gif] newhere

Jesus Larry, it’s 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes, and 18 seconds. Somebody almost drank bad wine because of you…

I’ve had No 1 for almost a month now and have managed to keep my grubby paws off of them…please hold your applause, though it does seem tasty!