TN: Coche Dury Corton C FU...

It was very nice to meet all of you and I hope we can do it again.

That Arnoux Vosne had its best moment when I opened it just before coming over to Paul’s. It declined pretty rapidly to the point where it was undrinkable later in the evening.

The Chave on the other hand was just great. I was so happy. Next time I’ll leave the $30.99 price tag on it :astonished:

Thanks to Paul, Mike, Charlie (and I’m not sure who else) for wines shared before dinner… 02 Krug, 78 Inglenook, Gérard LaLa! And Pappy 23 :slight_smile: It was great Fun.

Buzz, rank the 2014 PYCM CC from the prior night in with these whites. Where would it stand?

LOL, no. It was my cheap Delamotte BdB. The 66 DP is still waiting for you!

Not since Columbo has apparent idiocy been displayed with such aplomb. Fu is wasting himself on a legal career.

gotta keep you guys on your toes. Might come in a dress next time.

You guys bring stems or did Manresa provide Zalto BDXs?

Manresa said they didn’t have enough Zaltos for every wine. The Coche flight was in Riedels.

Riedel restaurant line stems. Not even the nicer stems. Let’s say for a 3 Star restaurant their stemware selection leaves A LOT to be desired.

We had 3 restaurant riedel stems, 2 SZ lower end lineup stems and 2 zalto Bordeaux.

Well Brad…drinking the PYCM at home, and the others at a 3star, with great company, will make a little difference! The PY is SO intense, and precise…I’d put it in caparison with the Reveneau, with super age capability. But give the nod to the Rav. Even though I rated the PY higher than the 13 MP…I’d still keep it above the PY. Coche is Coche…as fu would say! Just more going on there. No question on the CC’s! So, to answer your question, and if it was one of the wines on the table, I’d probably put it right behind the Rav imo. Better than the gmax, and Ganevat. Throw in qpr…probably higher!
[cheers.gif]

i have seen the ganevat les vignes de mon pere offered sub $100 several times within the last year or so, as low as $69 at zachys. that’s pretty amazing qpr right there considering what else was on the table.

Did Buzz make it through the night? That’s a lot of (great) wine! neener

lol

he was a champ. i was the one who needed to rally so i can at least stumble back to my hotel.

hope you are well.

Hey now Doug…ive learned to spit when I can…drink water constantly…stay away from guys named Jon. :slight_smile:
I actually wanted to order another bottle…but somehow got some $300 cheese plate instead!
:wink:

So you rated the Coche MP lower because of the company and restaurant? :wink:

Try the PYCM MP. If you rated the PYCM CC higher than the Coche MP the PYCM MP should be off the charts!

$2500 (10) $1750 (04) $1150 MP…plus tax, gratuity, and gratuity tax. [wink.gif]

At least half of what you see at retail.

A year ago…what a day! Miss you guys! grouphug

Let’s do it again!! [drinkers.gif]

Overdue for another :unicorn: hunt. Let’s get it on!