TN: Château Bel Air-Marquis d'Aligre (Margaux) vertical 2010-1985

1962, 1961, 1959, 1948, 1947 are still tremendous …

Hi Laurent, would you be able to share if you know anyone is selling these older vintages? Vins Etonnants has then going back to ‘85. I asked them about ‘47 (year of birth of my father, would make a great Christmas gift), but they indicated they only sell what they show on their site.
Merci en avance!

Thanks, Jonathan! I purchased but have not yet tried the 2010, so thanks for the check-in.

The old vintages were bought at the domain …

Reviving this awesome thread, and for the interested peeps, Chambers Street Wine just released an offering of this wine with many vintages Otto tasted, from 1995-2010. Yes, I got my vig. :wink:

4 Likes

For those who enjoy taking a risk, in France I see that Vins Etonnants is offering the 1964 at a cool 200€ and the 1969 at 190€!

Came online to post about CHambers but Robert beat me to it.
Got the '99 for now. Will pick more up in France next year.

Also grabbed some 375s of 2004 Olga Raffault

Lucky to discover an excellent Bel Air Marquis d’Aligre 1982 (17/20) last week-end : complex, fresh, persistant, ready to drink.

1 Like

But left plenty behind for the rest of us…in for 95, 98, 99 and 00

Enablers. After all of the waxing poetic, I sprung for a half case across the more well regarded older vintages available on the site.

I am a loving, caring, generous soul! I just have to take the Royal slice first. :slight_smile:

The 95 and 00 are excellent, and every other vintage that I have had has at least fallen into the “very good” camp. So totally enjoyable. Very honest wines.

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a few bottles

Damn you enablers! Just snagged a bottle of 1995 and 2 2000s. If I weren’t on a complete wine buying hiatus, I would have bought more.

You love this sh*t!

champagne.gif

First bottles of wine I have purchased since the first week in November

1 Like

This was killer. If 2000 is anything like it, life is good:
48709F0D-CAA7-4A8A-9FFB-26D593AD2728.jpeg

2 Likes

Thanks, Alfert for the heads-up. Love this wine.

Did anyone try the ‘69? Am thinking of grabbing it but am so far turned off by the vintage reports. At the same time, the ‘71 vintage wasn’t that heralded either yet that BAMA was awesome!

If only they could ship BAMA to me in Alabama…