TN:Carlisle Zinfandel Sonoma County (USA, California, Sonoma County)

• 2003 Carlisle Zinfandel Sonoma County - USA, California, Sonoma County (9/12/2009)
    Drinking terrific. Bramble nose, violet/florals, some jam, spicy and laser-like palate and still showing some acidity, too. What’s survived here is some french oak but it’s not overwhelming the wine IMO. Will enjoy the rest over dinner and if the wine changes, I’ll add some final impressions…final glass with over a day of bottle decant, this wine is solid, with boysenberry and briar, juicy palate. Long finish. And the oak, what I thought was quite a bit of it on the bouquet yesterday, it’s not oak but just pure zin bouquet with a hint of graphite. Even with the additional age I put on this wine since my last bottle, I’ll offer that this wine can go another year easy. Enjoy now or wait it out, either way, classic Carlisle. I paid full retail $23 for this wine. Delicious nd my last one…goodbye my friend!

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice Frank. Been a minute since I’ve had a Carlisle with a wee bit of age.
Sounds quite nice. Cheers.

I should be able to try some Carlisle with age, as over the past 3 years, this has taken the spot as my top holding.
I just need to keep my hands off of them. [whistle.gif]
Thanks for the note Frank.