TN: 43 Barolos from 2013 -- and a very dry mouth to show for it

Endurance training. Practice, practice, practice.

When I tasted the 2006 and 2008 Massolino at release they were very tannic with mouth puckering effect from both the tannins and acid. Brutish. Could not glean much. I had tasted the older Vigna Rionda in the past and it was a seamless wine but these young ones were so hard on the palate. Not much enjoyment.

And while I’m at it, while we didn’t taste the Brovia base Barolo last night it is fantastic and worth every penny of its sub $50 price.

I tried this recently and totally agree. I was very impressed given the price.

Kudos to you. I’m a Baroloholic and I think I’d have trouble getting through 43 in one seating!!!

So I had the 2013 Rivetto over the weekend John. I picked up a 3 pack based on your note above. That said it was so long ago I had forgotten the specifics of your note. Looking back now though i can confirm that I’m in 100% agreement with you on this wine. My overriding impression of the wine was “pretty yet powerful”. It’s definitely more red than black fruited, bright, ripe, but not overripe. That said there’s heaps of tannic structure which is to be expected from Serralunga. I opened it on Saturday afternoon and finished it on Sunday night. It never closed down and was open for business the entire time.

Thanks for the recommendation. This is definitely a good QPR Traditionalist Barolo in my opinion. [cheers.gif]

Does this make me an “influencer”? And, if I add that to my LinkedIn profile, will people start sending me free samples?

I suspect text notes don’t readily equate to a true influencer John! For that you need off angle photos of unicorn bottles on the Instagrizzy. :smiley:

That is very helpful. Thank you for sharing your expert view.

And a glimps of hot curves to carry them champagne.gif champagne.gif