TN: 4 Carlisle Wines (and my QPR of the year so far)

My first ever purchase off the mailing list (via another buyer.) I’ve had plenty of these over the years.

2008 Carlisle Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley, $34
Medium-bodied. Fruit forward brambly-red fruit flavors. Moderate complexity and finish. A decent wine but not as good as some previous of this. Drink over the next 3 years.
87pts

2008 Carlisle “Three Birds” Sonoma County, $28
A CdP blend of Grenache (78%,) Mouved and Syrah. Franky, I like this better than most CdP’s. Medium-full, good (but not high) ripeness. Good mouth coverage, with bright red fruit flavors, some spice and a nice tannic kick. This is excellent now, but might be at peak in about 3-5 years. Good stuff! My red wine QPR of the year so far.
92pts

2008 Carlisle “Rosella’s” Syrah Santa Lucia, $45
Simply awesome. Dense black fruit flavors with some white pepper, unctuous flavors that cover all the palate. Smooth and potent. Drink now and over the next 5-8 years. Frankly, this is the best wine off this vineyard I have probably ever had.
94pts

2007 Carlisle “Cardiac Hill” Syrah Bennett Valley $43
Moderate black-fruit flavors and intensity. Cool climate in style. A bit fore-square. Might be better in 5 years.
88pts

Great notes Roy, thanks.

Carlisle doesn’t punish early consumption as severly as say Rhys, so I am far less disciplined here. My experience, however, has been that a couple of years in the bottle are richly rewarded.

thanks for the notes roy. have you had any of the 07’s? if so how do the 08’s compare?
tia

I’ve had a few 07’s. In fact, the above note for the Cardiac Hill is actually the 07. I just changed it.