TN: 2020 Tensley Syrah Colson Canyon Vineyard

I am not going to divulge the vendor, but we have several wine shops here that occasionally have crazy deals like this but they don’t happen often so you have to be on lookout or lucky.
Maybe they pickup the wine somehow at a low price and don’t mark it up too much. A few years ago the same shop had Melville Syrah for $23 a bottle. I went through two cases of that. More recently picked some Thacher Mourvedre for a good price, Mourvèdre is getting hard to find and this satisfies the itch.

1 Like

This shop just has a good deal. Total Wine has the same wine for $45.

Year after year Tensley Colson Canyon delivers. Been in their club since I tasted the 2006 vintage.

Curious what is the pricing on the Colson out of the club?

I believe its around $38

Not a bad price. I am getting it with tax for $35 so not too far off.

Lucky you and ya’ll. Lowest price I can see on a basic wine-searcher scan of my area in SoCal is $46.

what part;)

LA, Mid City-ish though certain OC places are feasible (particularly Envoyer and Spectrum, which do free local deliveries to LA storage facilities).

Gotcha, IM in SD

Is there a retailer down there that you know of that’s currently carrying it? Looks like many of my local-ish sources had it but are all OOS.

dm me

1 Like

Wine Exchange has the 2021 for $39.98

Cheers

1 Like

Have you tried it? Wish Wine Exchange still shipped to MN.

I was wondering who hacked my account! But I see it’s another Tom W!

Have not

Cheers

1 Like

There’s only room for one and since you created your WB account after me, you’ll have to go. :wink:

1 Like

Let’s see your tasting notes for this wine and the better one will stay on! :100:

1 Like
  1. I see the other Tom W buckled under the pressure and changed his handle to Tom_R_W.
  2. I’d seen that 2020 Tensley Syrah Colson Canyon Vineyard OOS at K&L in Nov. and put it on Waiting List, on the off chance they got it back in. Sure enough, I just got an email notification that they had 3 in stock. I don’t know how they get these odds and ends, but they do - it’s not a rare thing. Anyway, I bought 2 bottles and will report back. I probably won’t pick up the bottles until October. (Starting next week I’ll be drinking mostly Corsican wines through the end of the month!)