TN: 2020 Saint Cosme Côtes du Rhône

Get a case!

John- do you mind sharing your general methodology for the 3 day reviews? Specifically the wine treatment. I’m sure longer-term WB-ers are more familiar, but I’m kinda new.
My interest isn’t to question anything you’re doing, but to learn a different and perhaps more consistent way to assess young red wines.
I’ve signed up on a bunch of new wine lists in the last year since joining WB (m&$@er f#%*ers….) with a faint idea how they will age and whether I’ll enjoy them in the future. Over the next 6 months I’ll need to decide which ones to continue with and which ones pass on.
Do you open the wine and pour a single glass off, then simply re-cork the bottle? Or with a Vacu-Vin or similar?

Thanks for any help.
Tom

QPR very hard to beat on this one, every year.

Have not found many that can beat it!

1 Like

Tom the 3 Day Wine Approach came to be due to the fact my wife does not drink many red wines and I can’t drink a wine in one night especially during the week. Honestly these critics that pop and pour these new wines are guessing on the score and drinking window in my opinion. Honestly how can you evaluate a wine on day 1 when it is a 2018 Napa Valley Cabernet that costs $100?

I never decant and put the cork back in right away. Does not get much air. I would say many newer wines improve on day 2/3 but not all.

Cellar tracker tasting notes here: https://www.cellartracker.com/classic/list.asp?Table=Notes&O=iNote%20DESC

How does this one compare to the 2019?

Not sure how I missed trying the 18 and 19. 17 was a case purchase.

2020 Saint Cosme Côtes du Rhône - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône (8/11/2022)
Day 1: This is the best bottle of the bunch I have sampled on day 1. Sour cherry, minerals, strawberry, Garigue, white pepper and earth. This is amazing for the price. (92 points)

Normally not excited with this wine as much on day 1 but this is an exception!