TN: 2020 Gonon Saint-Joseph

Good choice for warm weather… Served a bit colder than normal, and slowly opening up in the glass, this is a perfect BBQ wine :slight_smile:

Too bad that they become difficult to chase… @William, do you have upcoming alternatives, that are not yet chased?

Well in some places there actually are seasons.

Charcoal fire + Syrah = magic.

We have seasons:

Cool/cold beach - winter

Cool beach - spring

Hot beach - summer

Cool beach - fall

365 Perfection!

[cheers.gif]

Why is this even a topic? Let people drink rhone if they want to. I can drink anything when it’s hot. If it bothers you that much, go get a soda or seltzer. It’s not like rhone wines are boiling hot. Geez. :joy: Next thing I read is you cant drink champagne during xmas because its winter. :joy:

In cold Denmark we drink cool Riesling and Champagne 12 months a year. Sometimes we grab a Gonon St Joe or Allemand afterwards

You call Denmark cold? [wow.gif]

One of my friends lives in Aarhus because Denmark is such a warm country. neener

champagne.gif

First world problems at their very best!
Sounds great.

Starting in 2024, when the beach is too cold, just drive an hour and a half south.
I’ll have the grill ready.

1 Like

Relatively to Tampa or Tucson, not Helsinki champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif
Even though some of my fondest summer memories are from Finland

1 Like

Yeah, I hear you. Finnish summer is my favorite week of the year!

2 Likes

[rofl.gif]

I remember long summers with warm winds from the east and cool swimming in the skärgård, drinking Koskenkorva afterwards

The ones coming to mind were

2013 Bernard Levet Côte-Rôtie Améthyste
2014 Bernard Levet Côte-Rôtie Améthyste
2015 Bernard Levet Côte-Rôtie Améthyste
2016 Domaine Barge Côte-Rôtie Côte Brune

All very good and classical wines, clear Northern Rhone character, but I didn’t find any of these overtly peppery or olivey.

Same in southern CA.

Cool beach - winter
Fire season - spring
Rolling blackout season - summer
Fire season - fall

1 Like

I live with the constant presence of both, yet I long for neither!

I guess one has to be removed far enough from them to find appreciation for them.

Or then this is just some Danish madness I fail to understand.

Yet there is method in it.

It’s hot af here today. I can’t imagine drinking Syrah.

We had some lovely Vincent dancer chard on the patio with bbq chicken and sweet corn.

It hit 100 degrees today in Orlando. I came home to a broken AC. Don’t ask me how, but after a phone call with the AC guy (ok, in truth, wife had that call and I watched), many texts with my boys (Todd and Kane know all, Jorge just complains and Fu says woke stuff of no consequence), and a friend bringing over his wet vac, I was able to suck a drain line clean and get it working again. Although, I did break the drain line, so still need someone to come out to fix this shit. Will prolly cost me more now, but the house is nice and cozy again at 70 degrees.

So what am I drinking: Bordeaux. A 2012 Sociando Mallet. Delish.

70? 70?! Man, you are so weak [cheers.gif]

I admit there’s a great deal of madness coming from Denmark, but I really liked the Suomen Kesä

I’ve noticed [cheers.gif]

but I really liked the Suomen Kesä

Yeah, I do admit it is really lovely when the summer is at its best. For example right now we have a wonderful kesä going on here. Nothing but warmth and sunshine.

But then again, my friend in Aarhus starts sending pictures of spring and sunshine and everybody just hanging out having picnics and whatnot, starting in mid March or early April, whereas this year we still had snow here in Finland until mid May. [snort.gif] I am very much a summer person, so I really don’t understand why I live in a country where we have 2-3 months of warmth and 9-10 months of miserable darkness!

The worst recent period was probably a few years ago when one summer ended in August 2016 and the next one started in May 2018 - in 2017 we really had nothing but rain, clouds and hailstorms throughout the summer! pileon So while Suomen kesä can be wonderful, it can be pretty darn unreliable as well! [wow.gif]