TN: 2019 Wolfram Stempel Riesling MHT 19 (Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer)

• 2019 Wolfram Stempel Riesling MHT 19 - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (3/16/2022)
    A lovely and contemplative wine. The aromatics grab your attention immediately. It’s feels like Navi popped up, belting out her popular cry, “Hey! Listen!” Bright, floral and herbal; what an incredibly complex nose. Lime peel, carambola, gorse, frankincense, barnacles, juniper berries, cardamon seeds, cassia bark. The palate was quite reticent at first, with a rather thin finish. Navi howls again. 90 minutes in the decanter drastically improved it it. Racy citrus and green fruits lead the way to an expansive, angular and textural mid-palate with tons of grip. Precise and clear cut, yet incredibly distinct. Ceci n’est pas une riesling du Moselle. A lovely and contemplative wine.

ABV: 11.5%
Closure: natural cork
Decant: 2h
Stem: Grassl Liberte

2 Likes

So exciting to see a post on Wolfram. He is going to be a real star.

I will have a big announcement around him later this year!

Looking forward to it

1 Like

Thanks for the great note. And the Magritte reference!

2 Likes

Maybe the most post-modern, insane tasting note I’ve ever read. If you can comfortably synthesize OoT, Magritte and that litany of aromas then I would like to hire you to write my notes.

2 Likes

I went back and forth on whether I should include the OoT reference. Glad someone got it!

1 Like