TN: 2019 Weingut Max Ferd. Richter Veldenzer Elisenberg Riesling Spätlese

• 2019 Weingut Max Ferd. Richter Veldenzer Elisenberg Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (2/27/2021)
    Important note - it took 24 hours for this wine to really open up. Decant or open waaaaaaaaay ahead. On night two it finally blossomed, and ripe peach, sage, pine needle and pineapple aromas just poured out of the glass. On the palate it remained surprisingly soft, with sufficient, but not bright acids. Candied lemon peel accents on the finish gave additional brightness, and kept it from toppling over. It still resides in more the luscious end of the scale, rather than racy. Delicious is no question. Exciting is in the palate of the beholder.

Posted from CellarTracker

I just drove up to Delaware the other day to pick up my Richter wines among others. Can’t wait to try them, including this one! Thanks for the TN.

The 2015 version of this wine remains one of my favorite young mosels of my lifetime. Did you try that when it was young?

No. I got some Wehlener Sonnenuhr wines in 2015.

Thanks David. I have this along with some of the other 2019s ready to try at home.