TN: 2019 Domaine Faury Condrieu (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Condrieu)

• 2019 Domaine Faury Condrieu - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Condrieu (9/25/2022)
    As with most of young white Rhone wines, I like to give them lots of air – no exception here, about 6 hrs in the decanter. The first smell from the decanter it was clear this wine just had the “it factor” which in Viognier for me - has that heady orchid fruit perfume with a faint sea mist and mineral note. While the nose had what I defined as orchid fruit, the palate was just one specific one, the essence of apricots. I could literally envision them in my glass as I swirled and sipped, so good. Maintains great poise and tact on the mid palate, and concludes with a finish that suggested bitter citrus skins, but actually lands with a strong mineral note. It brought to mind the finish of a strong vintage of Zind Humbrechts Rangen or perhaps Brand GC’s, an almost volcanic quality. But rest assured, this was BONE dry to the core. Seriously flirts with being a superb Condrieu, so I’ll be stingy and say excellent today, maybe 2 to 4 years it settles into that next level. (93 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

4 Likes