TN: 2018 La Grange Tiphaine Côt Touraine Vieilles Vignes

I purchased a case of both the 2018 Baudry Les Grézeaux and Les Grézeaux. Definitely ripe, but not bruisers. Very pleasing.

Jeff I make an exception for the Baudry cuvees as well, I’ve had them in ripe years before, they know how to handle the heat. I bought 2018 Les Grezeaux but have not tried them yet. Will buy Croix Boissee and likely Guillot as well. Prolly Plouzeau’s Franc de Pied as well.

Not familiar with Plouzeau Franc de Pied. CellarTracker is no help.

Sorry, Jeff, was calling it the geek way. Plouzeau is the producer, and it is a Franc De Pied, but here is the name:

1 Like

That’s a good point. I shouldn’t judge a wine based on the 2018 version.

Damn, Jay, this is my first 2019!!

C63DB37E-EE22-4092-8131-D65CEB2ABC49.jpeg
14.5%.

Reminds me of the 2005 version. I need to backfill on 2014, such a classic Loire CF vintage.

Ugh. Too big for comfort.

Whoa! In less than a couple of decades it seems like the Loire has gone from every other vintage low-ripeness challenged to every other vintage high-ripeness challenged.

I guess I’ll have to stick to (select) coastal CA Pinot and Syrah to get non-fruit driven reds below 14% ABV most vintages. [wink.gif]

To be fair, I did stock up on warmer Loire vintages like 2005, 2009 and 2010 when they were in the market, but the wines in this thread seem like another step or two up the ladder.

1 Like

The only problem is finding it! The Plouzeau Ante Phylloxera is pretty well impossible to get hold of over here.

1 Like