TN: 2018 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Durant Vineyard

2018 Goodfellow Family Cellars Chardonnay Durant Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (10/12/2023)
The 19 blew me away with its concentrated weightlessness goodness...this 18 is all about subtlety and class! Needs air...first thoughts are cold steel and rain water...comes out quiet and reserved...nothing flashy or attention getting...you just nod your head and acknowledge how suave and cool this dude is! Subtle reduction, crystalline pear and apple fruits with a little squeeze of grapefruit...candied lemon pucker...creamy white flower florals...crushed minerality showing that wonderful dryness and salted spice...really flows in and out slowly and gracefully like the fog by the sea...finishes calm and satisfying...and before you know it, the bottle is empty. Fascinating wine! (95 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

6 Likes

I think I really under-rate how good Marcus’ whites are since I focus so much of my buying attention to the reds.
But it’s the whites that I’m always popping (and running out of).

2 Likes

Yep. Marcus’ Chards are so flippin good. Also a big fan of the own rooted Pinot Gris he makes off of the Resplendor Vineyard.

1 Like

Nice! I crossed linked this to the “All Things Oregon Chardonnay” Thread

2 Likes

Well DAMN…that six pack went quick!

7 Likes

Thank you!

Fortunately, I just dropped off a box this morning at Mac Pack-n-Ship that had your name on it! 2022 Berserker Cuvee will need a month or two to bounce back from bottle shock but at least you’ll keep the flow!

1 Like