TN: 2017 Vincent Dauvissat (René & Vincent) Petit Chablis (France, Burgundy, Chablis, Petit Chablis)

Commune, a new “listening room” and wine bar is opening in my nieghborhood. Steven Grubbs is doing the wine program. Cool space

They did a soft opening last night. With no license yet, it was byob. I brought a couple bottles and ended up opening the Dauvissat, mostly because Grubbs wanted to check in on it.

• 2017 Vincent Dauvissat (René & Vincent) Petit Chablis - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Petit Chablis (5/5/2024)
    Terrific showing. Very Chablis. Vibrant acidity and minerality. Richness and tension. Still youthful. Saline finish. Blind one might think 1er. Very Dauvissat and very good.
  • Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Dennis … sounds cool.

Which is correct? The photo or note?

Straight Dauv or Camus bottling?

:beers:

1 Like

Ugh. Good catch. Straight Dauvissat.
    Do I bother changing the note. hmm

I can’t remember if the white label, Camus, stopped in 2018 or 2019. I had a 2019 Petit Chablis last week and it while the importer was Classic wines, it had the label previously used exclusively for the Vineyard Brands bottling. I think the Camus white label days are over.

1 Like

At any rate, I dig straight Chablis and Petit from Rav and Dauv.

In these days of insane pricing, they give you grip and rip typicity without costing you an arm and a leg.

2 Likes