TN: 2017 Daniel Bouland Delys Vieilles Vignes, Morgon

A truly outstanding Beaujolais.

So I popped this beauty two days ago, immediately PMd Sir William to applaud him on his TWA review and scoring. And here I am watching some UCF v LSU football, drinking a remaining glass. Didn’t touch it yesterday. Alive and glorious, actually more fleshed out.

I’ll start with the structure since it is so imposing. This Morgon is built for the very long haul. Chewy, chalky tannins but sweet not dry. Crisp, refreshing citrus acids. Depth of fruit to match. The aromatics are killer, a range of dark plummy fruits to citrus reds, smoke and dry earth, crushed river stones and touch of smoke. The wine is full-bodied but fresh, lifted. Love the riverbed feel to this wine. Sweet plums and blood orange.

An outstanding wine of class. Amazing value.

(94 pts.)

consistently amazing wine. a recent magnum of the 2010 was stupendous! age your bojo

Bouland is the best Beaujolais producer that folks seldom talk about. As Yaacov said, the wines benefit from some age.

Agree, Jim. Bouland and Vissoux both. Seem to be more under the radar yet deliver in spades year after year.

and in this context, vielles vignes is the rare understatement.