TN: 2017 Château Carbonnieux Blanc

I have a couple of these in the cellar. Looking forward to them in about 10 to 20 years :slight_smile:

Thanks for the note and thanks Robert for bumping it to the top.

Back in the late 70s when I was in college it was one of the few Bordeaux I could find and afford!

Glad to help, this is a wine I had back sometime around 2007-2008 & I think I actually got a bottle that was pre-oxidized but did not realize it at the time. I am so glad to have rediscovered this winery & will be buying a case each year at this point.

I’m limited on space, or I’d stock up more on these. Carbonnieux was the first white bordeaux I ever had with age on it. Sadly I pivoted hard to Burgundy and reds in general and forgot about it.

Since finishing the cellar I’ve been stocking up a lot more. Sadly the two places I have bought it from in the past (local and Saratoga) seem to be out of the 2017 blanc.

Thanks again Kirk for the tasting note – good to know Carb is still punching above its price.

Kirk, your first note enthusiasm over the 2017, plus the memory of enjoying it long ago, influenced me to buy a sixer on pre-arrival. We expect them soon and are looking forward to enjoying them over the next few to several years. Cheers. -Jim

P.S. As I often point out, “influencers influence”. So, thanks

I hope you & your lovely wife enjoy them. Mine just arrived this week. This was the first time I’ve pulled a cork less than an hour after it was on the truck. I don’t regret it & I’m still looking forward to the remaining glass that’s still in the fridge.