TN: 2016 Tenuta Delle Terre Nere Etna Rosso

To be clear, do you mean the base bottling? (though the wine may have already sold out and I just don’t see it) The WS wine is the San Lorenzo single vineyard, not the base bottling

Yes the base bottling. Rising tide raises all boats.

Hi John, I believe that line about 18 months in oak, 25% new is only for the Crus. If you go on the DiGrazia website it says 10-11 months in 10-30 HL used French Oak. This makes more sense since the 2017 is already out and obviously couldn’t have spent 18 months in oak. BTW the 2016 is delicious, best I’ve had to date for me

I’ve had some of this for years and always has been a staple in my house. Had a bottle last week with pasta.

I had this by the glass at a restaurant this summer and bought a six pack the next week. I think it needs some time in the bottle or plenty of time to open. The one I opened at home was disappointing at first but on the third day it was great.

I hate that it is #10 on WS’s list.

Interesting. That certainly makes more sense from an economic sense, and your point about the '17 is compelling! (Here’s the De Grazia/Terre Nere page in case anyone else wants to see it.)

Thanks John!

WS#9 is actually the San Lorenzo at $60.

I recently got a bunch of the ‘15 base, nice winr