TN: 2016 Paetra Riesling Dry (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton)

My comment about 8 months refers to an older note that marked this a notch below the Riesling “K”. No no no.

• 2016 Paetra Riesling Dry - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (11/24/2018)
    Pale green-gold. Floral nose, a little sugar cookie, orange and lime. Palate has mineral, satsuma, red and green apple, and a hint of lime. Interesting what 8 months can do. I’ve been drinking a few of the 2016 “K”, which is itself a fine Riesling, but without question the Yamhill-Carlton is now, and should be down the road as well, the more complete wine. Drunk today and two days ago at Thanksgiving feast paired with Game hen with a sage and grape sauce over polenta. Excellent. (92 pts.)

Thank you Paul! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Bill,
I need to open an ‘S’ soon from my Berserker Day stash and see what I think. Also, curious if you do anything in the dry ‘GG’ style? And when my year-long buying freeze ends, I’ll be back for more!
Thanks.

Thanks again for your support Paul. Yes, my Reserve Riesling is called Elwetritsche. It’s quite dry ~4g/L and 13%alc. but with plenty of acid. I think the 2017 is the best wine I’ve ever made.

Cheers,
Bill

I need to get out that way and pick up last years BD wines, I have a few left from Vinopolis a few years back. Love them with spicy food.

Thank you Dennis! Yes, I’ll be around the rest of the year. I’ll probably start pruning in the next couple of weeks. Let me know when you want to come down and we can taste through some barrels from 18 as well.

Cheers,
Bill