TN: 2016 Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py (France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon)

Same for me! Foillard has been my gateway to the whole region

Another take: I love Beaujolais and am not a fan if Foillard. Too much microbial stuff going on in too many of the bottles I’ve tried. I’ll stick to Roilette, Bouland, Brun, …

I am glad we have reached consensus in this thread [wink.gif]

Thanks for the ongoing points, good food for thought. I don’t buy as much Bojo as I used to so I am a little off my game. I still buy Foillard, Lapierre, the occasional Metras. And I really, really like Julie Balagny’s wines, but her stuff is hard to find and so (relatively) expensive now.

1 Like

balagny is so inconsistent. it seems like every other vintage she gets stuck fermentations or something and declassifies the wines/blends them. so far i have only been really impressed by her 13s and 16s. when they are on, they really are special expressions of gamay.

[wow.gif] cheesehead [highfive.gif]

I’ve a couple 2017 Roilette Tardive mags I took a chance on when Envoyer was offering them for $40. Would that be approachable now?

I would get a 750 to try and age those mags for quite a while. That’s a great price, though.

Appreciate the advice, Doug. Thank you. [cheers.gif]

Same for sure. I had it early in my wine journey and thought ‘WOW Cru Beaujolais is amazing!’ but outside of maybe a half-dozen other bottlings from various producers (that C Thevenet Grain & Granit included), I’ve decided that it’s actually quite hit-or-miss for me. CB is so cheap that I’m still always on the prowl!