TN: 2016 Domaine Hervé Sigaut Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Sentiers Vieilles Vignes

• 2016 Domaine Hervé Sigaut Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Sentiers Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru (12/1/2019)
    Decanted 6 hrs. A little funky earth notes initially on the nose faded to dark cherry and spice notes even a little smoky edge. Powerful, this hits immediately with a burst of sweet dark fruits that accomplish upfront enjoyment as well as laying the foundation for where this wine may be in a decade plus. Delightfully tactile on the tongue, this carries just the right balance of structure and verve, and again with a gorgeous purity of fruit. I put the whole bottle down myself in about 3 hrs. in which this just kept gaining traction and momentum. Absolutely worth seeking this out or don’t hesitate if you see in on the shelf or on an online merchant. (93 pts.)

Had the '17. PnP.
Start to finish it was beautiful.

Noiriots or sentiers?

It was the Sentiers - somebody goofed up on the CT for the image.

This is a VERY good wine. I love the silky texture and seamless presentation here. I know there is tannin underneath but this wine is just so darn beautiful right now. Thanks for this note.

Thanks for the TN. I bought this in magnum - my only Burg in that format - as I suspected it would be great to share with friends in a while.