TN: 2016 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape

Robert… I did not say it wasn’t a fair question. It is. I answered it providing a link to my site with tasting notes on 55 different wines from Beaucastel. The notes say more than I can in a single post on different Beaucastel wines. There is also a detailed article on 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape with about 250 notes from various producers.

But it is not just Beaucastel, there are probably 2,000 tasting notes for other Chateauneuf du Pape wines on my site as well. And if that is not enough, there are almost 18,000 notes on my site in total. Honest, those notes are a better view of how I think about wines than a few lines in a post. That’s why I posted the link.

Thanks for the note! I’ll try to wait a long time before opening either of mine.

Please do…this wine is even more “new world” tonight than it was last night. Alcohol is all over the place, there’s a burning in my nose, and the fruit feels a little like it’s more in the fig & raisin category then wine. I wonder if I caught this at a bad phase in it’s life or if it’s just really a vintage I’m not going to like…

David, no premox yet but my earliest is much younger than your 1995.

Interestingly, I thought the 15 drank fantastically early. I will try to pop a bottle of the 16 in the next week or so.

Sad. I’ve had a couple of other recent vintages soon after release and thought they were great.

Night 3 and it finally seems like the Beaucastel I know…

Scents of earth, red fruits, and spice. The palate is a melange of red fruits, spice, and clove. There’s a medium length finish, and this is the wine I was hoping I’d find when I opened the bottle. Tonight’s wine gives me hope for the future and my remaining wine.

The 2016 RVV is a stunner. I was lucky enough to score a few extra bottles than normal this year, so I have enjoyed a few of these in their youth. Now I wish I had more!

Define reviewer.